When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tussionex include the following:
- This medication comes in liquid form. It is taken by mouth twice a day, with about 12 hours between doses.
- You can take Tussionex with food or on an empty stomach. Try taking this medication with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
- Make sure you measure Tussionex with an oral syringe, medicine cup, or accurately marked measuring spoon. Do not use a household spoon to dose this medication. Household spoons are not accurate enough, and you might take too much or too little. Your pharmacist can give you an appropriate measuring device.
- Do not mix Tussionex with other liquids or medicines. This may cause all of the medication to be released into the body quickly and increase the chance of side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Tussionex your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you are taking
- How you respond to Tussionex.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Tussionex Dosage for more information.)