If you take too much Tussionex (hydrocodone polistirex/chlorpheniramine polistirex), symptoms could include hallucinations, seizures, and loss of life. Your treatment options will depend on when the overdose was taken. For example, a healthcare provider may "pump the stomach" or give activated charcoal for a recent overdose of Tussionex. Supportive care will also be used to treat any symptoms that occur.
Can You Take Too Much Tussionex?Tussionex® Pennkinetic® (hydrocodone polistirex/chlorpheniramine polistirex) is a prescription medication used to treat a cough and other respiratory symptoms caused by allergies or the common cold. It is possible to overdose on Tussionex; in fact, it can be dangerous to take too much.
The specific effects of a Tussionex overdose can vary depending on a number of factors, including the Tussionex dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have taken too much Tussionex. As mentioned, an overdose with this medication can cause life-threatening complications.
Effects of an Overdose of TussionexPeople who take too much Tussionex may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Breathing problems, including slow, shallow, or brief stops in breathing
- Extreme drowsiness, leading to a coma
- Cold, clammy skin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Constipation or diarrhea
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Dilated pupils
- Blurred vision
- Anxiety or agitation
- Cardiac arrest
- Loss of life.