- This medication comes in tablet or liquid form. It is taken by mouth, usually every four hours.
- It does not matter if you take Sudafed PE with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Because there are several different Sudafed PE products available, make sure to follow the instructions for your particular product.
- Some people find that Sudafed PE interferes with their ability to fall asleep. If you experience this problem, try taking your last dose earlier in the day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
Dosing InformationThe recommended dose of Sudafed PE will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular product
- Your age
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Sudafed PE Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Sudafed PEAs with any medicine, Sudafed PE can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience bothersome side effects. Some people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Possible side effects of Sudafed PE include, but are not limited to:
(Click Sudafed PE Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)