Considerations for people taking pseudoephedrine include the following:
- This medication comes in several different forms, such as immediate-release tablets (pseudoephedrine), extended-release, or liquid. The instructions for use vary with each different product.
- Do not break, chew, cut, or crush extended-release tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly.
- You can take pseudoephedrine with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Because there are so many different pseudoephedrine products available, be sure to follow the instructions for your particular product.
- Some people find that pseudoephedrine interferes with their ability to fall asleep. If you experience this problem, try taking your last dose earlier in the day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your pseudoephedrine dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.