When and How to Take Neo-SynephrineSome general considerations for those taking Neo-Synephrine include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is sprayed into each nostril up to every four hours (for the Mild, Regular, and Extra-Strength formulations) or up to twice daily (for the nighttime formulation).
- There is no reason why the Nighttime Neo-Synephrine formulation cannot be used during the day. It will not cause drowsiness.
- Do not tip your head back when using Neo-Synephrine products, as this may cause the medication to run down the back of your throat.
- In order to prevent spreading infections, do not share your nasal spray with other people.
- For Neo-Synephrine to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
Dosing InformationThe recommended dose varies, depending on the particular Neo-Synephrine product. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Neo-Synephrine Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Neo-SynephrineJust like any medicine, Neo-Synephrine can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Possible side effects of Neo-Synephrine include but are not limited to:
- Temporary burning or stinging
- Worsening of congestion with prolonged use (see Neo-Synephrine Addiction).
(Click Neo-Synephrine Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)