Cold Home > Tussionex
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tussionex include the following:
- This medication comes in liquid form. It is taken by mouth twice a day, with about 12 hours between doses.
- You can take Tussionex with food or on an empty stomach. Try taking this medication with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
- Make sure you measure Tussionex with an oral syringe, medicine cup, or accurately marked measuring spoon. Do not use a household spoon to dose this medication. Household spoons are not accurate enough, and you might take too much or too little. Your pharmacist can give you an appropriate measuring device.
- Do not mix Tussionex with other liquids or medicines. This may cause all of the medication to be released into the body quickly and increase the chance of side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Tussionex your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you are taking
- How you respond to Tussionex.