Cold Home > Tavist Warnings and Precautions
In order to help ensure the safe use of Tavist, precautions and warnings for the medication should be reviewed with your healthcare provider before treatment begins. Tavist can worsen certain medical conditions, so be sure to talk to your healthcare provider before using the drug if you have stomach ulcers, GERD, or glaucoma. You should not take Tavist if you are currently taking an MAOI.
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Stomach ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Difficulty passing urine
- Alzheimer's disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant