Cold Home > Sinupret Dosage
The recommended dosage of Sinupret for adults and children 12 years old and older is one Sinupret Plus tablet (the adult formulation available in the United States) three times daily for 7 to 14 days. For children younger than 12, dosing is determined by the child's age, and Sinupret for Kids syrup (the children's formulation available in the United States) should be used.
What Is a Reasonable Dosage?For adults and children 12 years old and older, the recommended dosage for Sinupret Plus (the adult formulation available in the United States) is one tablet three times daily for 7 to 14 days. For Sinupret for Kids syrup (the children's formulation available in the United States), the recommended dosage varies by age as follows:
- Age 2 to 5 years old -- 2.1 mL or ½ teaspoonful three times daily
- Age 6 to 11 years old -- 3.5 mL or ¾ teaspoonful three times daily
- Age 12 years old and up -- 7 mL or 1 and ½ teaspoonfuls three times daily.
- Sinupret products are not recommended for children under two years old.
- Sinupret for Kids syrup contains a small amount of alcohol (0.56 mL per 7 mL dose). This is probably not enough to cause any problems for children (at an appropriate dosage) but could be an issue for people who should not consume any alcohol.
- If you have any chronic health problems or take any prescription medications, it is probably a good idea to check with your healthcare provider before taking Sinupret.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Sinupret dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider.