Cold Home > Ceftin
When and How to Take CeftinSome general considerations for when and how to take this medication include the following:
- Ceftin comes in the form of tablets and an oral suspension (liquid). It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- You can take Ceftin with food or on an empty stomach.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose. After your pharmacist mixes it for you, the suspension must be stored in the refrigerator and must be discarded 10 days after mixing.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Stopping this medication too soon may increase the risk of antibiotic resistance.
Dosing InformationThe dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The form of the medication (tablet or suspension)
- The type of infection being treated
- Your age and weight
- Any other medical conditions you may have.