What If I Take an Overdose?An overdose with this medication can cause serious problems. If you happen to take too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Guaifenesin Overdose to learn more.)
How Should Guaifenesin Be Stored?In general, guaifenesin should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children. Be sure to follow the storage directions for your particular product.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?For people who take this medication on a regular schedule, if you do not take your dose as scheduled, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- Guaifenesin 100 mg per 5 mL syrup
- Guaifenesin 200 mg immediate-release tablets
- Guaifenesin 400 mg immediate-release tablets
- Guaifenesin 600 mg extended-release tablets
- Guaifenesin 1200 mg extended-release tablets.
Guaifenesin is also an active ingredient in many different combination products.