How Should It Be Stored?
Diphenhydramine should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?
For people who take this medication on a regular schedule (such as for allergy treatment), if you do not take your dose as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of diphenhydramine.
There are many different strengths and forms available, including:
- Diphenhydramine 25 mg capsules, tablets, Liqui-Gels®, or quick-dissolving strips
- Diphenhydramine 50 mg capsules or tablets
- Diphenhydramine 12.5 mg per 5 mL liquid (12.5 mg per teaspoonful)
- Diphenhydramine 12.5 mg pre-filled single use spoons
- Diphenhydramine 1% and 2% cream
- Diphenhydramine 2% spray, gel, and stick
- Diphenhydramine 50 mg per mL injection (prescription only).
Diphenhydramine is also an active ingredient in many different combination products (such as cold or allergy products).