Delsym Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome possible side effects with Delsym are potentially serious -- even life-threatening -- and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Slow or irregular breathing
- Difficulty passing urine
- Unusual muscle contractions or movements
- Psychosis or unusual thoughts or behaviors
- Feeling the need to use Delsym for a nonmedical reason
- Signs of serotonin syndrome (a rare but dangerous problem associated with certain medications), such as:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing.
These serious Delsym side effects are probably quite rare, however, and are more likely to occur in cases of overdose or abuse.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Delsym, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.