When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Delsym include the following:
- Delsym comes in an orange- or grape-flavored liquid. It is usually taken by mouth every 12 hours.
- You can take this medication with or without food.
- Make sure to shake the bottle well before each dose.
- Kitchen spoons are not accurate enough for measuring medications. Use the dosage cup provided to measure an accurate amount.
- For Delsym to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe recommended dosage for this medication will vary, depending on your age. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Delsym Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of DelsymJust like any medicine, Delsym can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Possible side effects seen with Delsym include but are not limited to:
- Upset stomach.
(Click Delsym Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsDelsym can interact with a number of other medications (see Delsym Drug Interactions).