Drug InteractionsCeftin can potentially interact with a few other medications (see Ceftin Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Ceftin if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- An allergy to cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics
- Any other allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Ceftin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Ceftin and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Ceftin Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Ceftin?An overdose with this medication may cause problems such as seizures. If you happen to overdose on Ceftin, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Ceftin Overdose for more information.)
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you forget to take your dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medication. It is important to try to take this medication as scheduled to avoid the development of antibiotic resistance.