The standard recommended dosage of Ceftin will vary, based on factors such as the type of infection being treated and the form of the medication used (tablet or liquid). It is typically taken twice daily and can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medication without your healthcare provider's approval, as it may increase the risk of antibiotic resistance.
An Introduction to Dosing With CeftinThe dose of Ceftin® (cefuroxime axetil) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The form of the medication (tablet or suspension)
- The type of infection being treated
- Your age and weight
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
- Ceftin 250 mg tablets
- Ceftin 500 mg tablets
- Ceftin 125 mg per 5 mL (per teaspoonful) for oral suspension
- Ceftin 250 mg per 5 mL (per teaspoonful) for oral suspension.
The tablets and oral suspension are not equivalent on a mg-per-mg basis. For example, one Ceftin 500 mg tablet is not equivalent to 500 mg of the oral suspension. Your healthcare provider should take this into account when recommending a particular amount.