Serious Side Effects
Some Augmentin XR
side effects are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of liver problems (which occur rarely), such as:
- Yellow eyes
- Yellow skin (jaundice)
- Very dark urine (although Augmentin XR can cause a harmless discoloration of urine)
- Upper-right abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Very severe, bloody, or watery diarrhea
- Any diarrhea that lasts for more than two or three days
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any problems while taking this antibiotic. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be an Augmentin XR side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.